Friday, January 30, 2009

Best Album - 2008

Yes, it is a little late in the month for Best Of's but it is only right give credit where it is due.

I have done a lot of listening this past year and am finally ready to crown my favourite album. It is the one that I love to listen to from beginning to end and have yet to get bored of. "And the Winner is..." *drum roll*

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

It is out of the norm genre-wise for me, but still this album is brilliant start to finish in that, it's far from typical. It takes your ears down so many different paths at the same time. Unpredictable and enjoyable all around...for me at least. Old and young alike should check it out, guaranteed there is at least one song for you.

And the runner up...

Hayden - In Field & Town

This is Hayden, wonderful as always. A solid Canadian indie sound reminiscent of good ol' Neil Young.

Other notable mentions include: Tokyo Police Club - Elephant Shell, Girl Talk - Feed the Animals, Coldplay - Viva la Vida (or Death and all his Friends), Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs.

Basically that is what kept my toe tapping this year...go pick them up!

d.

No comments:

Post a Comment